Thursday, December 17, 2015

Escarnium Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

Victor Elian - Hi There, Thank you very much for the interview. At this moment we are working on studio in new tracks for the next full length album.

2.Recently you have released a compilation, how would you describe the musical progress over the years?

Victor Elian - Yeah this compilation was relased by Redefining Darkness Records, and we are really happy with the final result.  A lot of good reviews are coming consistantly popping up. 
  Well I think If you listen the demo tracks compared to the latest songs recorded, you will realize that our sound has more of an identity. I think we are more brutal and dark more than ever these days. But since from the begining this was the intention

3.Your lyrics cover a lot of anti christian, misanthropic, and nihilistic, can you tell us a little bit more about your interests in these topics?

Victor Elian - I don't like to speak about fantasy.  I'm always more deep into the realistic stuff, so almost all of our lyrics are inspired by documentaries... Mass Murders, Genocide , Diseases , Holocaust and things like that.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Escarnium'?

Victor Elian: Its a proper name,  Escárnio in portuguese its something like "mockery", but then we put the letters "IUM" at the end.  So you Have escarnIUM and not Escárnio. Sounds more agressive I think!


5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

Victor Elian: I think our performance is very brutal with a lot of energy, but far from theaterical. Its more natural behavior of people playing extreem music. We love to play live!  I can mention some gigs in our area and in Poland in the city of POZNAN was one of the best gigs we had...

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Victor Elian: In 2016 we will be touring in europe for the 3rd time, together of our brazilian mates VENOMOUS BREATH

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?

Victor Elian: I think its great - I mean when we started the band I couldnt imagine that our music was being spread arround the world, and  that we would get contracts with some labels outside of Brasil. Most of the time I get really good feedback. But in the end, it doesnt matter.  I mean, if people want to support us, thank you very much, but if they don't its okay too, T he main thing its keep playing extreme music!

8.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members area part of?

Victor Elian: I think no one its involved in another projects at this moment.

9.When can we expect new material and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Victor Elian: I think the next album will coming up around March of the next year. I dont have idea about future, I like to think in the moment, not on the past, not on the future...The future its unknown.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Victor Elian: DEATH METAL bro! Always... I mean I listen to other stuff since from rock n roll to grind, crust stuff, Black metal, thrash metal, but my influences comes more to all death metal I listen and keep listening all the time.
Nowdays, I'm listening to much of, DENIAL (MEX) CORPSSESED , VERMINOUS, VORUM, and many more...

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Victor Elian: Beer, sex, food, movies,  I work in underground tours of other bands(I work with underground booking), make some underground concerts around Brasil and its all I do in my life.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Just to say thank you my brother! If anyone wants to keep contact just send a message to escarniumdm@gmail.com
All the best to you and all the underground metal freaks who see this interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment