Sunday, December 9, 2012

Unburied Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
 
Matt Pike- UNBURIED have a full length coming out on Self Made God Records this month, called Murder 101. This will be the bands second full-length cd release to date.We also have a split 7 inc record do out very soon as well, with the band Nun Slaughter! This record will be released by Doomentia Records and will be avilible on Picture disc as well as red vinyl and black records. I am also wrting more songs for a new release to come out next year. Writing music and recording is the main focus of the band at this point in time.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
The Murder 101, album is darker then Slut Decapitator. The lyrics are for the most part more real violence then flat out gore, yet the gore is still very much present. I think I just got more of a true crimes writing style with these lryics opposed to the past was more of a chainsaw massacre feel, so to speak. Although, I guess this album is like a progression of Slut Decapitator. I also branched away a little bit from the whole killing theme a bit within the album to draw out the evils in mankind. To focaus a little on the system in which we live in, as being just as bad if not worse then the bad seeds it births. In a nut shell, still play death/grind music. With each release is just a different branching out of ideas and styles that tie into one. The production, the amps used have a big play on the overall feel. This record sounds tighter and darker then the past records. This is the first recording I did with a different half stack. I think the guitar sounds tighter as do the drums as we recorded them seperately this time around. The music overall has improved over the years as did this production. Yet, we still have the loose cannon sound that is wild and aggressive.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Murder, serial killers, whores, true crime, fictional crimes. Anger with the system in which we live. People being cought up things that are not true,wrongful juyrements. The new song "Solace" that will be on the split 7 inc record with Nun Slaughter is a big change in lryics. It is about forgeting all the bad things and focusing on possistive aspects in life as well as hobbies that you enjoy. Its a brutal tune. I assure you! The lyric's have more of a hardcore back bone in content, yet they are still the same sounding gutteral hatefilled voice for the most part.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
 Unburied has more then one meaning to me. To dig up dead bodies comes to mind first. To be heard. To find truth and uncover the lies. To let loose the anger.

 
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
I think the best show sound wise was probaly a show we played at a now defunct record store outside of D.C. On stage we play with much aggression and rage. It takes alot out of me to do live shows as I put much feeling into them. The sound is brutal and crazy. We have a wild death grind attitude toward are live shows. I would say the best shows are when I played sober. I can remember them better and I play tighter. Yet, when I use to drink I use to through punches at people and sometime punch myself and yell at people taunt the sound man ect... We play with alot of energy. We would have been a good band to play with G.G. Allin and the Murder Junkies and AntiSeen.  Thats the type of vibe at an UNBURIED show! I think thier is alot of punk attitude in me and in my life style and that carries over into my death grind music with UNBURIED!
 

6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
No.

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans of death metal and grindcore?
With Slut Decapitator the response was great! As for Murder 101.  I have seen only positive feedback and the cds have not even been released to me yet. The cd just came out digital for zines ect... so we shall see!

8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
Mark has his solo project called FETID ZOMBIE that he is always writting new stuff for. Brian has been doing session drums and recordng many projects. I do mainly UNBURIED. However, I just recorded a demo for my side project band called DRUID SCUM. We play Crust Punk /Grind music.. We have three of our own tunes recorded and a cover song by the band DOOM! We just have to put the vocal tracks down and we will put a demo out. there!

 
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I aim to explore more in the future. Only time will tell exactly what that will mean.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
 As for influence's that gear toward UNBURIED, I would say Grave, old Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Repulsion where huge right from the start and still to this day inspire me. I also like Judas Iscarot, Dark Throne and Mayhem. I listen to alot of different music. Some bands outside of this style are Black Flag, Doom, Extreme Noise Terror, Next Step Up, Charles Manson, Johnny Cash, The Twats, The Hidden Hand.

11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I love riding my motor cycle. I have a Harley Davidson. I am very much into Harley Davidson motorcycles and classic american cars as well as hot rods and rat rod culture. I am interested in car clubs and biker gangs. I am also a big true crimes reader and I enjoy watching the tv show gangland and a good movie here and there. Oh, I enjoy going to the gym. I have been a member of Golds for four years.

12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the Interview and interest in UNBURIED, now buy our cds!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment